Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting Resolutions

....it seems I have too many to keep up with this year and that doesn't sound promising already! Since about 6th grade (when I really started caring about my weight) I have always had the proverbial "lose weight" on my list and this year is no exception. Preston and I have ordered P90X and I have to admit....I'm a little scared. I have never been atheletic and I loathe going to the gym so I am hoping that P90X might change my perspective a bit. I know it is going to be more than difficult but maybe, just maybe, all of the different workouts will keep me interested. The DVDs, pull-up bar and resistance bands are coming in the mail tomorrow and we are starting everything on Monday. I will keep you posted (pun totally intended)!

Not only do I plan on working on my physical self but I also plan on working on my spiritual self. I feel that 2009 was a very spiritually trying year for me and that in some ways I let my faith slip by not trusting fully and completely in the Lord. I don't feel like I totally comprehend what it means to give up all of MY wants, MY needs, MY plans and turn them completely over to God and let Him handle it. So you might be asking yourself, "Well Anna, how are you planning on doing this 'comprehending?'" And my plan is to spend more time listening and learning. I am going to have a consistent quiet time with God where I not only present my requests and concerns to Him but I just spend time actually being quiet and listening. I have already been downloading podcasts on daily basis to listen to on my commute to work and that is how I am doing some learning. Also, to piggy-back onto my "spiritual self" and resolutions, I plan on listening to the whole Bible this year. I am not sure if it actually counts as reading the whole Bible because technically it is like "the Bible on tape" but my philosophy is: Any dose of the Bible is better than no dose at all. (Feel free to use that whenever you see fit...I won't get mad that you copied me...I promise.)

And for the last resolution (trust me, there are much more than these three...these are just the three I chose to blog about. If I named the others, my OCD-ness would rear it's ugly face and you would think I am weird. And I can't have all two of you thinking I am weird, now can I?)....sorry...I was going to tell you the last resolution: To be a better blogger. I am not sure what all this resolution entails but as of right now, to me, it just means to blog more often. I mean, I can freakin' blog from my phone (as I am doing right now). I always have my phone with me, therefore I should be able to blog whenever, wherever! And I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing but I am slowly allowing my phone to make my life easier....that's the good thing...life being easier. The bad thing...I am becoming more dependent on my phone! :)

Oh and I lied....I thought of one more resolution: to step out of my comfort zone and put our blog address on my facebook page so my two readers can have some company. Here goes nothing...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment