Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome to Mississippi Stan!

As I mentioned in the previous post, we took a trip to Mississippi back in May.  This trip contained many firsts for Stan:  first time to Mississippi, first time on an airplane, first time to meet MANY relatives including cousins, uncles, great grandmothers, etc.  We had such a wonderful time introducing Stan to "home."  We traveled SO much that we wore the sweet baby out!  At one point we were putting him in his car seat and really think he was looking at me like, "Seriously Mom....you're putting me in this thing AGAIN!"  He was trooper though...obviously, because he's the best baby in the whole wide world!! :)  Here are a few pictures from our travels:

First plane ride - He did SO well on all of the flights.  He did a get a little fussy on one of our plane rides back to AZ because his ears were bothering him but that only happened once!  Also, out of the four flights we were on, there and back, he pooped on three of them!  So I am a pro at changing poopy diapers in those tiny bathrooms!

Meeting cousins for the first time!  And no, this AWFUL car seat is not ours.  It was the car seat that the rental car company gave us and it SUCKED!

Stan LOVED Drew and I do believe the feeling was mutual!  Drew loved to play peek-a-boo with Stan.  Drew would actually scare Stan when they were playing and Stan would jump every time.  Drew thought this was HILARIOUS so the minute Drew started laughing Stan would start laughing too!  I also should mention that I think Stan has loved Drew even from the womb!  When we were home for Thanksgiving while I was pregnant Drew would sing to my pregnant belly and Stan would move and kick!  It was the CUTEST thing!

I think LC thought Stan was her live baby doll!  She wanted SO bad to swing him when he was in the swing.  She did very well with him and was very gentle.

We went to Drew's T-ball game.  Stan in the sling, sound asleep! 
We drove up to Oxford so Stan could meet Uncle Pierce for the first time!  He was a little unsure about holding a baby for the first time but he did GREAT!!  We are so proud of Uncle Pierce for graduating and finishing his college career on such a strong note!
"Wait...did he just puke on me?" :)
Meeting Mimi!  Stan is Mimi's seventh great grandchild!!  I think it is amazing that she has lived to meet seven great grandchildren!  What a legacy!

This picture was taken the morning after we arrived in Mississippi.  Poor baby was already so pooped from traveling that he feel asleep on my bed at my parent's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment