Friday, August 20, 2010

Ketchup and Cornbread

Well I know I have been a VERY bad blogger. Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do especially since the last time I posted which was in May. So I am just going to cut to the chase so we can get to the good stuff.

In May:
Mr. Markel came to visit for Memorial Day weekend.  He and Preston had a blast playing golf two days in a row at a VERY nice resort.  I worked the days that they played golf but I did grace them with my presence for lunch at the resort.....somebody has to earn the money to feed Preston's golfing habit! :)  We missed Mrs. Libby though.  She was suppose to come out with Mr. Markel but was recovering from a "fun" trip to Belize. :)  Fortunately, we are getting to make up for lost time right now!  As I type this (at work...shhhhh don't tell anybody), she is out our house giving Preston a cooking lesson in cornbread.  I can't wait to go home!! :)

We also said goodbye to the Bulmer family at the end of May.  I can't even begin describe how much Preston and I both love this family!  Before they moved, it had gotten to the point where it was just a given that we were going to eat pizza with them on Sunday evening.  Oh the amount of pizza we consumed with the Bulmers.....!  They moved to Florida, which is not too far from home so I know, before too long, that a "meet in the middle" trip will HAVE to occur! 

In June:
Oh sweet June!  This was the month that I found out I was pregnant!  Do you like how I just threw that into the mix?  Don't worry....I have a post solely dedicated to that entire subject matter in the pipeline.  That is all I am going to say about that right now.  Yep, I'm just going to leave you hanging like that.

In July:
Katie Bell invited me to go on a once-in-a-liftime trip (for me) to Austria.  We left June 30th and arrived back in the states on July 7th.  We had a full week in Austria and it seriously was an amazing trip.  Again, I am working on an Austria post because, let's be honest, a trip to Europe definitely deserves it's own post accompanied by pictures.  And if you are putting two and two together, I did travel to Europe in my first trimester.  So again, that's all I'm going to say about that right now.  Aren't you loving the cliff hangers?

After my trip to Austria, my mom and grandmother came out to visit the following week.  I wasn't able to take off from work, seeing how I had just returned from Austria so it felt like a very quick trip but we had a blast!  I LOVED having Nana here and I felt so blessed that she made the long journey out here.  Because of her trip out here, I officially gained and still hold the title of "favorite grandchild."  And yes, this was acknowledged by the other cousins!  Not only did she make the long trek just to see ME but this was the first time she had flown since my grandfather passed away three years ago.  Seriously, who can argue with that cold, hard evidence!

At the end of July I took a quick, two day trip to Holland, Michigan for work.  It definitely was a work trip with a little fun thrown in but I was VERY glad to get home. 

Phew!!  July was a busy month!

So that pretty much brings us up to date.  Things in August have slowed down a bit and we are back to our daily grind....well...as "daily" as it can be with the whole pregnancy thing thrown into the mix.

Ok, I have officially wasted enough time at work.  Time to go home and eat some cornbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment