Monday, April 12, 2010

March Madness

March proved to be, yet again, another pretty busy month for us starting with a fairly impromptu trip for me to Chicago.  I went for a training for a new design related computer program that my company is looking in to. While in Chicago I got to mix a little business with pleasure and spend some much needed quality time with my long lost friend Drew.  Here is a picture of me and Drew from our "glory days" in the Mississippi College Naturals.
Unfortunately I did not take one single picture while I was in Chicago.  I would've loved an, obviously much needed, updated photo of me and Drew but I think we were too busy catching up and a little overwhelmed that we were actually seeing each other after at least four years.  Preston asked why I didn't at least take any pictures of the city and I must admit that I have huge reservations about taking "scenic" pictures.  What's the point really?  "Ooooo look at that cool building" or "Ooooo look at that OTHER cool building."  Scenic pics just don't make that much sense to me....maybe they will one day....but not today.  Plus it was rainy and overcast the whole two days I was there so if I would have taken scenic pictures, I don't think they would have been very "scenic."  Anywho, I had a blast in Chicago.  The training was excellent and getting to spend time with a long lost friend is priceless.


Next on the March Madness list is my parents' trip to Arizona.  They drove in (yes, they drove...they love me, can you tell?) on a Sunday and left on the following Thursday.  It felt like such a quick trip because I worked half days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but I am so thankful they came to visit.  The Monday afternoon when they were here we made the 1 hour trek up to Ski Valley on Mount Lemmon and had a fun afternoon of a little Southern Arizona skiing.....quite different from the Colorado snow we are all used to skiing in (huh Daddy?) but it was still a blast.  It still boggles my mind that we can go from 75 degrees in the cacti & dust covered desert to 35 degrees in the pine & snow covered mountains.  We were bummed that Preston had to work and couldn't ski with us.  Here are a couple of pics from the day.



Momma and I on Ski Valley's sole ski lift.


Momma and Daddy

And finally, to end our March Madness, Preston headed to Nashville for Reed Hillen's and Jennifer Osland's wedding.  His weekend started out a little rough with a few traveling hiccups.  He was suppose to fly from Tucson to Nashville with a connecting flight in Dallas but, to make a long story short, he ended up flying to Atlanta, meeting up with Chris McAlilly and driving to Nashville.  It made for a very long day but I think he loved the QT with Chris.  He had a blast all weekend spending time with family, friends from home and friends from the river and he was more than honored to stand by Reed as one his best men on such a special day. 


Preston and The Groom hanging out in Nashville before the big day!

Congrats Reed and Jennifer!

So I think that about does it for our crazy March.  April is shaping up to be a pretty quiet month thus far and we are honestly sort of looking forward to it.   Hopefully I will be able to find something semi interesting to blog about!

-Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment